Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall Fun Photo Shoot FUNdraiser & Contest!!!!!

One of my very best friends, who is basically all but superwoman in my eyes, is going to be adopting another little one!  Yes, you heard me right, ANOTHER child.  Lauren and Ken have one adopted daughter, and one birth daughter, who also happens to have special needs due to a rare chromosomal disorder, Wolfe -Hirschorn Syndrome.  In spite of all of this, they are faithfully answering their call to adopt again!  You can read all about this HERE on Lauren’s very own blog, Knowing Norrah.
So, because I love Lauren and her beautiful family with all of my heart, and because I also believe in using gifts and talents to bless others to the best of our ability, I am going to do just that...with a little help (hopefully!) from all of you!!

Here is how the “fun fundraiser photo shoot /costume contest” is going to work...
You find fun costumes/dress up clothes for your kiddos (newborn up until kindergarten age) and then you dress them up, and bring them to my “makeshift studio” (aka my house) to get their pictures taken!!  Whether you believe in, or celebrate Halloween is irrelevant for this fundraiser, because really, what child doesn’t love to dress up and have fun??  Then, I take a few photos of your adorable little munchkins, edit them and post them on a shutterfly site that you can buy them or do whatever you want with them, as well as facebook, so that everyone else can see your cute little ones (if you want, that is!)  All you have to do is make a donation towards Lauren & Ken’s adoption fund!  That’s right, no sitting fees, no purchase fees, nothing like that.  You give what you can, or feel like you should,  and ALL proceeds will go towards supporting another beautiful adoption experience!!
I only have a FEW “rules” if you will...
I will NOT under any circumstance, photograph any scary, ghouly, grim, bloody or demonic looking costume...sorry....those are just NOT cute, and this is all about being cute and having fun!   So, if you were planning on dressing up your 2 year old as a bleeding devil...then you will need to get them photographed elsewhere =)
And second - you will need to sign up for a time slot and be responsible to stick to that time, as it could get pretty hectic around my house with tons of little ones and costumes and small spaces....well not it could...it WOULD! So if you sign up for a time slot, then please be on time and ready to have your kiddos say cheese =)
Lastly - due to restricted space in my “studio” I can only do up to 3 small children in the same photo, and that is pushing it.  1 or 2 is ideal!!!
The DATES and TIMES for this fundraiser will be Friday OCT 29th from 9:30 -11:00 and SATURDAY OCT 30th from 9:30 - 12:00.  I am thinking it will be 15 minute time slots.  That means, if you do the math, that I can accommodate 16 different appointments...so it is first come, first serve!
To “reserve” your time slot please leave a comment here, or on my facebook link, or send me a facebook message with the date and  3 time slots you prefer and then I will create a schedule and post it and send it out!
AS FOR THE CONTEST PART - That will come AFTER the edited pictures are posted, probably sometime the following week.   Basically, everyone who donates at least $1 will be allowed to vote for their favorite photo - you can vote based on costume, photo, kiddos, whatever.  For taking the time to vote and for donating to a very super awesome cause, you will then be entered into a “contest” to win a $25 gift certificate to a really great store =)  AND - the person/family who receives the most “votes” for their costume photo will also receive a $25 gift certificate to a really great store as well =)  In order to vote you will need “proof” that you donated through Lauren and Ken’s paypal account, which is really really easy to do!  I will post more about the contest once it gets closer....but just keep that in mind for all of you who many not yet have kiddos, or who live far away and would still like to participate in this fun fundraiser in some way!! 


Please think about and consider helping out and having fun with this fundraiser!!!  

~Holly~

7 comments:

BarshingerFam said...

I'd LOVE to come do this! Addison will be a cow this year, and Logan...well, he's going to be her farmer. Could we have 10:00 on the 30th? THANKS Holly! What a great idea!!!

Lisa said...

wow, what a fun contest and awesome way to help out friends in a super worthy cause! count us in! can we do 9:30 on the 30th?? it'll be my 3 munchkins (3.5.7) which i know might be hard to fit in together, so maybe separately? 5 mins. each so we only take up one 15 min. slot? i'll defer to whatever you think will work best!

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly, I would love to take part is this cause! I am so amazed with Lauren's courage and strength as well as your work and dedication! If possible I would be interested in having you do the shoot with my 6yr old daughter ( since she is the youngest) and If the 1030am spot is available on sat the 30th that would be great! Let me KNow=] Thanks Sabina

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

hey holly! my chica's will l.o.v.e this, and i love it too :) i think saturday the 30th at 12 noon (or 11:45 if that is your last time slot) will give us enough time to get back from soccer and get beautified ;) thanks!

Unknown said...

What a great way to raise money for Lauren & Ken! I would love to have the 9:30 slot on 10/29 if it is available. It will be 1 or 2 two year olds. Erica

jwohltmann said...

The 'roomies' would like to block off 3 morning time slots for Friday. I haven't seen these times taken yet, so let me know if this works: 10:45, 11:00, 11:15. This will be 2 sessions with one child each, and 1 session with two kids. Looking forward to it!!

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing all of your slots are filled ~ just saw your post! If someone backs out can your please let me know b/c I would love to partake?!?!?! Thanks, Kelli Martin