Friday, March 5, 2010

what's a boy to do...

Every once in awhile I will come across a song that I just NEED to know what it is about, or why it was written...and Mat Kearney's "What's a Boy to Do" song is on my mind right now.   You know you go to those song meaning websites (ok- or if you a nerd like me, you do) and read what everyone else "thinks" it is about...and usually I am all for that, the song taking on a meaning of it's own for the individual listener...but this is one of those instances where I just really want to know what it is about and why he wrote it...I have my own theories, but, it would be nice to hear from Mat himself the WHY behind this wonderful song that leaves you reflecting - and then pressing the back button on your cd player or ipod to give it another listen =)  So...if anyone has the in with M.K, and happens to know the exact meaning for the song...pass along the info please!  Otherwise, enjoy listening to it for yourself courtesy of the wonderful music player from playlist.com.  I am not going to post the lyrics, only because I think if you just read the lyrics you wouldn't have much of a clue what is going on...it's almost like you need to hear him sing it; at least that is what I think!     4 days to concert...SO SUPER EXCITED!!!

Have a good weekend friends,

~holly~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.